Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thumb Sucking and Kisses


Thumb sucking ...


and kisses


My sister-in-love sent me these two pictures from our get together last week. I thought they were so adorable. We have a picture of Rachel and Ally-Bug's older brother, Evan, when he was about the same age. Instead of thumb sucking they were both chewing on a television remote. Rachel doesn't seem to mind placing herself in the shoes of her little cousins.

----------

I feel like life's been a little crazy of late. As Willy Wonka once said, "So much time, and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it."

Yesterday all of my eBay sales ended. I wasn't home to watch the final count downs. I suppose that didn't change anything. I can remember getting so excited with my very first eBay auctions...watching the final couple of minutes, especially if the price kept jumping up every few seconds. Love that! I have no idea if that happened this time. Anyway, everyone except two buyers were kind enough to pay me immediately so, everything was shipped out this afternoon, except to the two buyers who haven't paid me. I sometimes feel like I live to get things checked-off my To Do list. I know. Terrible.

A couple of weeks ago, I took some time and wrote down everything I'm planning on doing with the kids for school come September. Then I got out my big fat Rainbow Resource catalog and wrote down all of the items I need to buy. The eBay sales helped make this process a little easier to handle this year. But the choosing and implementing gets easier the longer I homeschool. This year we're very excited to be joining a homeschool co-op. The kids cannot wait to see their friends and make new ones along the way. Me, I'm thinking I might get to spend a little of that time quilting.

Speaking of quilting. Mrs. Nagy and I got together last Friday and she helped me cut out all of my pieces-parts. Oh, it was quite exciting. I ended up designing my own quilt, you know. I don't have a name for it yet (it's OK to laugh here). She said she was very proud of me and thought the design was very lovely. So there. I am taking pictures of the process and hope to have an update very soon.

I have no intentions of going to bed this evening with my thumb stuck in my mouth. Can't say I've ever done that. I am planning on, however, getting in as usual, some big juicy kisses to all of my family members. Even Jesse puppy. Less the juicy part, of course.

Kisses,

2 comments:

  1. I really truly don't mind putting myself in those kinds of situations. Of course, I may look 'interesting' doing it, but it's a lot of fun from my viewpoint! Kisses to all!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 28, 2010

    And THAT my dear, is why you are a WONDERFUL cousin! We love you dearly!
    ~aunt julie

    ReplyDelete