Friday, March 5, 2010

Pleasant Souls

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. When I saw this one, it made me smile on this first Friday of March. The long winter is behind us. Spring is less than two weeks away. The skies are blue and the sun is shining for the second day in a row. I'd love to know how long it's been since that happened around here!

A genuine smile. A happy spirit. The ability to make us laugh when nothing else will. A willingness to be crazy and goofy even when the world yells that it's not the "cool" thing to do. This is my son whom I love with all my heart. He makes me feel so proud of who he is and all he is yet to become. He fills my life with many warm and wonderful memories.

Seven years ago this Easter, both of my children memorized these Bible verses as a gift to their father. I didn't know at the time what kind of impact these words would make on their lives. On all our lives.

Proverbs 2:1-11
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

No comments:

Post a Comment