Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Two Words -- Having Fun!

Come on now. You didn't really think I'd just drop the whole camp thing, did you? I just had to post some of the pictures I took shortly after we arrived.


Dedicated to camp founders , Dad and Mom Kunz. This Christian camp for boys was established in 1930. "Building godly young men in a Christ-centered community through wilderness camping."



This is the view as you turn the corner from the big woods. Everything about this place was simply beautiful.



Caleb had to pass a swimming test minutes after arriving...after sitting in a car for 10 straight hours.



That didn't slow him down. Caleb was bookin' it both ways--the lifeguards were cheering him on. He said the water was great!



Sailing is one of the things Caleb will learn to do while he's away at camp.


I'm hoping another thing he learns to do while he's away at camp is lick envelopes. I prepared a nice little package for him that contained self-addressed, stamped envelopes with a piece of paper tucked inside each one. I presented it to him followed by a very short lecture. I told him all he had to do was write two words across the paper. You know, like, "Having fun!" or "I'm OK!" or "Doing great!" I don't expect a book or even a page filled with sentences, I just want to know that he's OK. He said he would write every day. I think he'll be having too much fun to write every day, but I do expect to have something in my hands by Thursday (if he mailed it on Monday). I had better have something in my hands by Friday. He don't even want to mess with Mama.

As you can tell, I'm feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment