Friday, June 11, 2010

Corn and Bean Salsa


My Sister-in-Love and her sweet baby, Allison

As you know, I usually try to post a recipe that I've recently made. I had one in mind, but my sister-in-love had to go and make this fabulous salsa for our get together the other day and, well, this recipe became an easy decision. I'm thinking if you had to live on this, say if you were stranded on a deserted island, you could.

Here's to getting lost at sea!

Corn and Bean Salsa

What you will need:

1 can shoe peg corn, drained (I used a cup of frozen corn)
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 jar chopped pimentos
1 can chopped green chilies
½ cup red onion, chopped small
1 ½ cups celery, chopped small

Mix all the above ingredients.

Dressing:
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1 cup olive or canola oil

Heat dressing ingredients on the stove to melt the sugar; let cool; add to the veggies; refrigerate for a few hours or overnight; serve with nacho chips.

Note: You could probably cut the dressing in half or drain off most of it after it has marinated for a while.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks DELISH!! Love sharing recipes...thinking I am feeling inspired and may post this mornings breakfast on my own blog!
    Thanks for the yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete