Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Morning


The view from my chair this morning


Snow Mound Spirea...I love this beautiful flower that looks like thousands of stars


White Rhododendrons with a gorgeous hint of yellow and fuchsia

I thought I'd share with you how my day started early this morning. I suspected it might be this way last night and warned Mr. Wonderful to be ready first thing.

Well, this morning we shared our first cups of coffee together outside on the patio. It's been too long in coming, that's for sure. But the weather just hasn't cooperated until now. So we found ourselves lingering over our cups of coffee, listening to all the birds greet the morning. A beautiful Baltimore Oriole was checking out a basket of flowers I have hanging near the woods (and he's been back several times since this morning). You can't see it, but there's a water feature made out of big river rocks just left of the stairs. The trickling water makes everything so peaceful.

Oh, it's such a great way to start the morning. I wish it could be this way every day. I love the quietness we get to share together as we sit in our chairs, rocking and sipping, and talking, and rocking and sipping. The sun finally peeks through the canopy of the tall shaggy bark hickory trees mingled between maple and beech trees. It's all so beautiful. I found myself wanting to stay in that spot forever.

Alas, the laundry was calling to be collected and I still had a flat of flowers to finish planting sometime later in the day. Even still, we enjoyed the beauty of a new morning together.

Psalm 5
For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.

2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.

7 But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies—make straight your way before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit.

10 Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


Hoping Wednesday will be another Tuesday morning,

1 comment:

  1. Well, Tuesday morning has "rubbed off" onto this Thursday morning for me! I trust for you too!! THANKS! and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete