Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

Well, yesterday started as another Tuesday Morning and ended as a Wonderful Wednesday. An impromptu get together with two of my sisters-in-love and their kiddos made for an all around great day. I forced myself to come inside around 10 o'clock last night. I didn't get a single thing done I had planned on doing and, you know what, it was great. I love it when fun stuff pushes away the mundane!

This morning we headed out for a family hike along the beautiful towpath. I decided I would try and capture every single wild flower I walked by. I am not going to take the time to look-up all of their names in my handy wildflower book, but it's easy to use one's imagination.

Here's to another stunningly beautiful day...enjoy the flowers!


This is how the trail begins...


You could smell the rushing water in the air






This was a strange sight...perhaps some kind of fungus



These little flowers are the size of a pencil eraser


It took several photos before I captured this little butterfly with open wings





Wild roses...you could smell their fragrance all along the trail

Stop and smell the roses today,

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful SMILES from de Lord!! AWESOME!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful little flowers...

    ReplyDelete